Although the Florida Enterprise Zone Act is scheduled to sunset on December 31, 2015, businesses may apply to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for the incentives associated with the Florida Enterprise Zone for an additional 3 years.
Businesses must satisfy the following criteria:
- Business has entered into a contract with the department for a project, as provided, between January 1, 2012, and July 1, 2015; and
- Contract is deemed active by the department and has not expired or been terminated; and
- Project that is the subject of the contract is located within the boundaries of an enterprise zone, as provided, as the boundaries existed on May 1, 2015.
The following provisions are available to businesses sunset December 31, 2018:
- sales and use tax refund for building materials used in the rehabilitation of real property located in an enterprise zone
- sales and use tax refund for business property used in an enterprise zone
- sales and use tax exemption for electrical energy used in an enterprise zone; or
- enterprise zone jobs credit against sales and use tax